Just returned from dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess I won’t need to lug my new boat coat.
This week? Nope...

upload_2020-8-16_22-58-51.png

Guess I won’t need to lug my new boat coat.
Dive with Aldora and they'll provide one for you.

Dive with Aldora and they'll provide one for you.
My Op does that too, but at 80+ degrees, I'll pass.

@Lori May-Malone curious what hotel you stayed at since you said you went with your family. The reason I ask, I am trying to decide if I'll grab a bargain flight and hotel and go next week. I've only taken 2 vacation days this year and I really want to get outta Dodge! I am thinking about going to Hotel Cozumel with my family of 4, but a little nervous about things to do other than diving for my family.
I stayed at Fiesta Americana ( they had 50% off room rates, couldn’t pass it up) and the staff was awesome with safety precautions. Masks, shields, constant cleaning everywhere. It’s a 3 star, older rooms, but clean and good food.

My family of 4 just returned from a week in Coz, and dove for 4 of those days With our favorite dive crew. The currents were a bit up and visibility lower ( but still fantastic) than our last visit in March before the pandemic shut everything down. Water was super warm at 86 degrees. I was extremely impressed with the safety precautions in place and that all the islanders are absolutely wearing masks. Resort personnel are masked and shielded. They all were working so hard to make tourists feel safe, and were so happy to have tourists coming to the island.
Now for the really big negative; I was so disappointed in the overwhelming majority of My fellow Americans there just flat refusing to wear masks in public areas. As guests in Mexico, I just don’t get why people won’t respect the rules. Worst of all, at the airport a group of 10 divers were drunk, loud, inappropriate, cussing, maskless, and loudly proclaiming why they won’t wear them. I was appalled and embarrassed at their behavior and it will definitely reflect poorly on all of the rest of us who want to travel and dive safely. I love the people in Coz and just hate that this group of 10 were such blatant “entitled American’s”.
Hence the moniker “Ugly American” . It’s almost embarrassing to admit your nationality overseas because of rude behaviors like these by our fellow citizens.

I have traveled a lot for over 50 years and I must say I have run into very little push back from the people whose countries I've visited. People are generally amused with Americans being Americans. I get the feeling we are regarded as the world's clowns.

I have traveled a lot for over 50 years and I must say I have run into very little push back from the people whose countries I've visited. People are generally amused with Americans being Americans. I get the feeling we are regarded as the world's clowns.
Couldn't agree more! Money spent is money spent....

The most important people at the rodeo are the cowboy clowns.

Back
Top Bottom