Just returned from dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have traveled a lot for over 50 years and I must say I have run into very little push back from the people whose countries I've visited. People are generally amused with Americans being Americans. I get the feeling we are regarded as the world's clowns.

Well, a friend of mine who is from Norway told me the Europeans have always regarded the United States as "The Great American Experiment". While they watch this COVID mess go on the requests for US have citizenship never been higher. So, COVID and all of the problems it presents the USA seems not to have changed the desire of millions of people everywhere to immigrate to the USA. This COVID situation sucks in the USA but the opportunity we have to offer is a lot better than elsewhere where COVID is the least of their immediate worries.

Dive with Aldora and they'll provide one for you.

My Op does that too, but at 80+ degrees, I'll pass.

Are they still providing boat coats? I got a notification from Living Underwater they are not providing them at this time. I've never dove with Jeremy, so I don't know if this is a change in policy. It looked like a change. I've never used one, even after a night dive in February/March.

Are they still providing boat coats? I got a notification from Living Underwater they are not providing them at this time. I've never dove with Jeremy, so I don't know if this is a change in policy. It looked like a change. I've never used one, even after a night dive in February/March.
Yes, each boat has coats, but its 90* out....one person requested a coat in 6 days...

I've never dived with him either. I use Salty Endeavors whenever I can actually get to Cozumel.

Are conditions pretty much the same for September?

Are conditions pretty much the same for September?
Same? Weather is unpredictable and Sept is prime hurricane season so anything can happen....will it be warm still, yes it will...90s on surface 85ish at depth.

Yes, each boat has coats, but its 90* out....one person requested a coat in 6 days...
I have dove with them quite a bit in January's and rarly used their coats. I do remember one June heading back to town during a rain storm, it would have been miserable without the coats.

We always dive with Living Underwater and love them (and Jeremy). I recall how my wife swooned the first time Jeremy handed her a "boat coat" as she stood cowering in the boat, shivering, heading back from our last dive of the day (hey, she gets cold easily -- I laughed at the slight chill). She has brought her own boat coat on subsequent dive trips elsewhere. So Living Underwater definitely have had boat coats for their divers for years.

They've recently stopped handing them out as a safety measure during the pandemic. The email they sent detailed multiple precautions they are now taking, this was one of them.

Back
Top Bottom