Just serviced my first Reg. 1977 Conshelf XIV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Culcuhain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
That was super easy. I now have a working 1979 Conshelf XIV and a 1977 Conshelf XIV (pending new exhaust tee). These things are super easy to service. I took it apart. Removed all the rubber products leaving only the metal. Put it in a hot solution of vinegar and water and put it in the wife's sonic cleaner (that she no longer uses, prior to me taking it over.) Rinsed and cleaned with mild dish soap. Reassembled per the manual. Bam. I am addicted. :)

The exhaust tees might get to be an issue. I scored a couple from vdh and a couple on ebait but that is all I have found. But, I have not really tired any other channels. I assume since KM is still selling the Conshelf Super Flow, there must be tees.

I prefer the grey silicone diaphragms for the Conshelf, those are seeming to be hard to find. I think Trident has one but the seal is too thick for my preference but they work fine on the older models (screw on tee).

Congrats.

N

Congratulations!
See, no big deal at all.
Do you have a intermediate pressure gauge so you can set the IP?

I am going to take it up to the shop where I divemaster and make all the final tweaks. I guess I will have to fill a few tanks (I think I will bring mine up) and wash some gear for them... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom