Just wishfull thinking...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

havnmonkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just resurrected my Canon G6 and Ike housing, wow am I rusty!!! It's gonna take me a few dives to get my skillz back!!!!

68857_1481526796185_1174273056_31148854_1992443_n.jpg

My battery died on the first dive and then the tide started ripping at the BHB, so I putzed around in the shallows. Got a few decent ones, BUT that tiny LCD is killing me!!!

I would so love to house my S90, but the FIX housing is the only one that really looks good..... So here's my real dilemma: I've been looking at all sorts of compact options for underwater, m4/3rds seems very promising but I'd still like to lose a bit more bulk. So, a company that I've been looking at for a while now, RICOH, has the GXR... For those that don't know the GXR has lenses permanently mounted to sensor units that detach from the main body (just the LCD and controls).

At first it didn't really catch my fancy, until I realized that it's compact size and interchangeable units might be ideal for U/W photo. They already have a 50mm macro (1.5x crop sensor) and 24-70mm unit (possibly the same sensor as the S90) as well as a 28mm prime unit on the way. The control layout out is very simple and seems ideal for U/W housings... The LCD is large and i believe 920k resolution.

Not trying to sell the cam... just hoping someone manufacture a housing for it as I've always had a chronic case of Upgradeitis...

Otherwise I'll keep looking at m4/3rds, I guess:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom