K2 Advantage SCR ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat:
Does anyone know anything about this rebreather?

It popped up in a search for passive SCR's on the net but there is scant information about it.

Cheers
Col

It was something being developed by Jack Kellon. It was a compact SCR that was going to be distributed by DNAX systems. It was somewhat cluttered, and fell by the wayside. Prototypes may have been called "Odyssey"?

http://www.therebreathersite.nl/10_Semiclosedrebreathers/bmd_scr4.htm

I have live footage of it in action. It is not a pretty sight.

X

"I have live footage of it in action. It is not a pretty sight."

Hah..LOL
At the price and the specification it sounded way too good to be true...
I guess I'll be finding lot's of failed protoypes as I continue my early rebreather research!
Eventually I will focus on the units and manufacturers that have a history and a good reputation.
At this stage that is most likely to be something from KISS, Megalodon or Prism.
Cheers

The K2 had some sort of valve dumping gas at the preset ration, what other passive units accomplish with a separate bellows. The valve unfortunatly was designed to be disposable and replaced rather than serviced. Jack Kellon past away a few years back, and with it any chance of the K2 getting anywhere. Which were slim at best in the first place, as the design was involved in a legal tangle.

Back
Top Bottom