Katana 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used the dump on the left side. And also the bottom of the left side found it pretty easy and I did have to break trim a bit to vent.

Does it say somewhere what size is the bungee? Any pics of you with the bottles in trim?

thank you for sharing!

I’ll measure to make sure but I believe it’s 8mm / 5/16" bungee.

I didn’t care for the QFS lumbar pad or the individual lower tank clips on mine so I had to make a change:

45869E08-A3B8-4D80-BED9-E8E10BA94E40.jpeg

Where did you purchase the equipment you used to modify? Looks nice

Where did you purchase the equipment you used to modify? Looks nice

That looks slick. Wow

Thank you for the kind words.

I feel obligated to disclose that I do not get credit for the idea; I first saw the idea via Sump UK's facebook page. They have since revised their design but I prefer this style.

This design, i.e., specific geometry was CAD'd by me and fabricated in my personal machine shop for me and a fellow SM buddy.

FWIW, it was not designed for the Katana but it was extremely easy to incorporate it. Having the two lower attachments on one plate radically increases torsional rigidity of the system and I prefer it.

Here's rough dimensions:
Capture.JPG

Edited post above about loop bungee diameter. It is 8mm / 5/16" bungee.

Hey nothing wrong with asking. This is a slick setup

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom