Katana 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we need to see more pics of the Katana 2 underwater. Surely someone else has pics diving their harness.

:( still dry. I can’t wait for the restrictions to be over. I’m going to wet the heck out of that harness.

congrats! I still recommend that you take a SM course even though you have over 1000 dives. Getting the harness and the tanks to behave appropriately can be frustrating!
I will for sure! Luckily I have some people here who teach

I think we need to see more pics of the Katana 2 underwater. Surely someone else has pics diving their harness.

bumping my own post as a friendly reminder , I want to see more pics of the katana 2 underwater. Mine went back in yesterday but I didnt have a camera.

Some friends and I just completed our sidemount XR class. Im not sure if any of these photos are what you might be looking for, but I tried to pic out some of the photos we took during our training that show our Katana 2s. I hope to be back in the pool training soon and will probably be going on an open water checkout trip in two weeks and hope to get some time in on my side mount. If there are specific photos you would like to see...let me know and I will see what I can capture.

P6140005.JPG
P6140007.JPG
P6140008.JPG
P6200018.JPG
P6200024.JPG
P6200033.JPG
P6200049.JPG
P6200050.JPG
P6200051.JPG

Some friends and I just completed our sidemount XR class. Im not sure if any of these photos are what you might be looking for, but I tried to pic out some of the photos we took during our training that show our Katana 2s. I hope to be back in the pool training soon and will probably be going on an open water checkout trip in two weeks and hope to get some time in on my side mount. If there are specific photos you would like to see...let me know and I will see what I can capture.

View attachment 595672 View attachment 595673 View attachment 595674 View attachment 595675 View attachment 595676 View attachment 595677 View attachment 595678 View attachment 595679 View attachment 595680
Who taught this class?

These are the types of pictures I am looking for. I'm curious how the bladder looks inflated and how people are getting their tanks to sit.

Really did not need to inflate my bladder very much during my training. Took it from 97ft at max point. We have found that the top dump valve is your bread and butter. The butt dump valve is a little hard to find with all the gear on.

There was a total of 5 in my group. We all got the Katana 2 at the same time and we all pretty much liked the same configuration.
-We all swapped everything over to the H style harness config.
-None of us really used the square backplate drop down connection points for the tanks...we all used that area for goodie bags and reels.
-The unit comes with 2x 45 degree angled sliding D-Rings...we moved those as far back as we could and found they just worked better for us than the square backplate drop down connections. You can see this very well in the fourth picture. I have already ordered two more of these to replace the non-welded d-rings I have for my side\front connections...those were just awful for me to clip into, but im a big guy...so it might work for some of you skinny mouth breathers. :p
- Im about 300lbs and was able to loosen all the straps to their max and was happy with the room it gave me in swimsuit in the pool and in my wetsuit during checkout. If I gain another 5-10lbs I might have some trouble with the belly and crotch straps and might have to replace with the a longer ones...or I guess try my diet again.....longer straps it is!
-We all found it was better to remove this string from under the shoulder strap and clip it to the BC with the provided quick link.
2020_07_02_16_21_50_SMS_Katana_2_Hollis.png
-This is my first sidemount system so I dont have much to compare it to, but the bungees feel firm, but not stiff. No real issues working with those.

Overall was more comfortable than I expected it to be once I got all strapped in and was very comfortable in the water.

Scheduled to go back out and get some more time in on my Katana in two weeks (on the 18-19)...let me know if you want specific pictures you would like for me to try and get while im doing my deco stops..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom