Kauai dive op recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Shane and I just did a two tank dive trip to Niihau (the forbidden Island) with Explore Kauai Scuba.
Nick and Jessi run a top notch operation and their 27' R.I.B. is powered by two 150hp 4 stroke Yamahas that get the job done. Nick is an excellent skipper and was great at spotting surface action on the 17 mile crossing from Kauai to Niihau stopping to allow us time to see rough tooth dolphin, spinner dolphin and beaked whales!
Dive master Anthony is one of the best I've dove with. Great at spotting the critters that you want to see from large monk seals to grain of rice sized nudibrachs. Anthony does a great job guiding the dive without overpowering it.
We picked Explore Kaui Scuba because they were willing to do the crossing to Niihau with only the two of us. Fortunately two more experienced divers booked for the trip so there were four of us. It wasn't until I filled out a review on TripAdvisor that I saw that they have over 200 five star ratings. They got a five from me as well! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom