Kayak diving sounds fun!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joefg0319

Reaction score
I have to be honest, I've never heard of kayak diving. I'm new to scuba diving myself and I only have 4 logged dives. My certification dive was in the Keys when Hurricane Gustav hit. That was really a huge difference from training in a pool to diving in 8 foot swells my first time out. I live in the Tampa Bay area, any divers in this group from here as well? I'm the event and volunteer coordinator for a non profit organization called Green Armada. We clean the waterways of litter and debris using our boat. We also have a fleet of 30+ kayaks and canoes that I can utilize. I'm looking to get a dive cleanup organized for the late spring in 2009. Can I have anyone's opinion in whether that would be popular to the diving community? The logistics have not been figured out yet, but for those that have their own equipment the cleanup would be free. We do not charge for our boat or kayaks as long is they are used for a cleanup. I would love to hear feedback, positive or negative. Thanks!

Sure. We're always doing clean up as we dive anyway. Check out the trips & market place forum. Our annual, after Turkey Day Dive & Clean up is this Saturday in Venice. Come join us & meet the locals.

THere is a big dive over there every year. I think it is called the Boca Grande Pass clean up. They bring up tons of stuff... no really.. TONS.

I think a VERY important point to make at the start of these cleanups is WHAT to bring up. Some see the beer bottles as unsightly trash on the bottom. MANY critters fine them to be mighty fine homes.

You should teach the difference between harmful trash and man made critter condos to those who will be doing the clean up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom