Kayaking off Dania Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lobstah Slayah

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I went to Dania Beach to dive on Wednesday. While taking the Yak off of my roof it slipped and cracked the taillight of the car next to me:no::lotsalove::dork2: After unloading and leaving a note to the unsuspecting car owner, I took the yak to the beach where a friendly lifeguard informed me that I needed to launch North of the pier (Thank God for Wheeleez!) Conditions were great. It took me until the end of the dive to find the reef but I was able to find an area called "The Jacks" You'll see why they are called that if you watch this video: YouTube - Scubadiving "The Jacks" Dania Beach Florida part 1 or this one: YouTube - Scubadiving "The Jacks" part 2

Teach Miami -- WoW good for you in leaving a note.-- Since you had the video camera already I want to mention a precaution for other readers. IF you hit a vehicle and leave your information take pictures of the car from all four sides "just in case" the person tries to claim more damage then you did. Also to add.. Buy a cheap disposable camera and KEEP it in your glove box for ANY accident you are in.

Sorry to hear about the damage, kudos for being honest. Eric, I pretty much ALWAYS have my digital camera with me but remember...if you have a cell phone you have a camera.

Sweet video, Dan! I need to get out diving with you SOON.

I wish I would have thought to take a picture. The woman seemed very nice on the phone and was pleasantly surprised that I left a note. Hopefully she'll be as honest as I was. We're at Cape Canaveral to watch the shuttle launch tomorrow. I was going to bring the kayak and dive gear but decided to make this trip more about the kids than me.
Dan

I wish I knew you were up here... I could have found an excuse to drive to the Cape... I work on Patrick, and drive to the Cape 2-3 times per week.

I wish I knew you were up here... I could have found an excuse to drive to the Cape... I work on Patrick, and drive to the Cape 2-3 times per week.

We're at Jetty Park campground until Monday am. Going to KSC tomorrow.

Tons! Nice reef lines from the beach. I have not seen all of it but I swam out to most of it between Jackson Street Hollywood to John Loyd Beach Dania in the late eighties. The yak makes shore dives a Snap! --

what type of diving is accessible by kayak in dania beach? never been
Reef diving, and you can also see the Aerojacks. You need to launch either north of the pier, or south of the beach by the big condos.

Debby I thought they were EroJacks--- I do not think you could get them to fly (Aero) jacks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom