Keep hair out of mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use cheap headbands. I have thin hair so the risk of sunburn on my head is real. I buy these which are SO LONG, but I cut them in half. If you keep them long you can tie them. People always know who I am under water because over the years I have always worn a hippie looking headband that is colorful. I mostly dive in New England so I have to wear a hood year round and I still wear a headband under the hood. If I don't, when I put the hood on my hair is in my face. I also tie it back in to a pony tail, but then I don't pull the "tail" all the way through so it's more like a loop of hair (hope that helps). I don't know how to braid so this keeps it from floating and getting tangled. Hope that helps. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XKRYCL4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use cheap headbands. I have thin hair so the risk of sunburn on my head is real. I buy these which are SO LONG, but I cut them in half. If you keep them long you can tie them. People always know who I am under water because over the years I have always worn a hippie looking headband that is colorful. I mostly dive in New England so I have to wear a hood year round and I still wear a headband under the hood. If I don't, when I put the hood on my hair is in my face. I also tie it back in to a pony tail, but then I don't pull the "tail" all the way through so it's more like a loop of hair (hope that helps). I don't know how to braid so this keeps it from floating and getting tangled. Hope that helps. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XKRYCL4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like some of these but not clear on what you mean about them being really long, cutting them in half and tying them.

I really like some of these but not clear on what you mean about them being really long, cutting them in half and tying them.

They're about 20 inches long. I imagine she cuts them in half to 10ish inches to be more useful?

I wear similar under my hard hat at work and double or triple them over otherwise you've gotta scrunch them up. You can actually tie them with a knot in the middle they're so long.

+1 for the beanie with under chin strap. Underneath I have two side braids.

I use the arena smart cap, a swim cap for long hair. It tames all hairs and does not slip.
You can also sew it together by yourself (only a headband + swimming cap), it's such an easy priciple but works perfectly!

I use Scoobadoo rags and Co Co headbands.

These are bathing suit like material, UV protection as well.

I have been using the do-rag version for probably 4 years. they recently came out with the headband style, I use that one when I teach since I'm taking my mask on and off frequently.

I have been quite amazed, since I spend so much time in the water and on boats, and I never get sunburned. However, I do stay aware of the sun and where I am standing, and for how long.

I use a buff AND a bang wrangler KLASH because the buff tends to slip back and let my bangs escape. When I'm diving in CA I use the bang wrangler under my hood for the same reason. Additionally its so thin that if it gets under my mask it doesn't cause a leak. I love the idea of that stretch comb...and happen to have one collecting dust.

I have a few female friends who dive here, they'll wait to put on their hood and mask until they've dunked their heads in the water.
Once their hair is wet they'll pull it back and put the hood over it while making sure the hair doesn't end up in the way of the face, seems to work alright for them, never heard them complain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom