Keep your fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JT Barker has one on his uninspected 6 pack in North Carolina. Under Pressure. That's the only one I know of in the United States. It isn't that there isn't a USCG approved one, it's that the USCG hasn't approved any. They consider them elevators. Splitting hairs I know.

Interesting discussion. Personally I have never dived off a boat (other than a RHIB or tender) that didn't have a ladder you could climb with fins. Another feature that is not uncommon on British dive boats is a divers lift, I was wondering if there is anywhere else in the world where these are found?

Here in the Western Hemisphere, at least, we have far more Unicorns on our dive boats than we have 'divers lifts'.

Some of the posters would freak out in typical Coz diving where divers will often hand up almost all the gear! :eek:

I dive a fairly high percentage of Nitrox in Coz. When I clinb the ladder in gear I not only have my reg in up the ladder but often continue until removing the rig. This last trip I got friendly teasing that I was trying to suck that last bit of (relatively expensive) extra gas. :D

Cozumel diving is Vastly different in technique then, say, diving a TX Flower Gardens live aboard, which operates 110-120 miles offshore, and where Poseidon will sometimes show his fangs! Cozumel is a millpond compared to the often 'sporty' seas one experiences in remote, far off shore live aboards, with rather different re boarding techiques, shall we say.

Cozumel diving is Vastly different in technique then, say, diving a TX Flower Gardens live aboard, which operates 110-120 miles offshore, and where Poseidon will sometimes show his fangs! Cozumel is a millpond compared to the often 'sporty' seas one experiences in remote, far off shore live aboards, with rather different re boarding techiques, shall we say.
Proving my point that there is no one perfect solution and that each diver must make the choices that's best for him/her, the dive conditions and the boat.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom