Kelvin Grove Officially Off Limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems pretty much open to the public. There are designated non-resident parking spots in the parking lot. Both times I have been there I have had no trouble.

Was there this last Sunday ....

Parking lot virtually empty, as usual.

The smell around the bathrooms seems worse than before, but it's fine at the turn-around, in the bathrooms themselves, and down at the water.

while there, my buddy and I had 2 or 3 people walking their dogs, and such - they didn't seem to be bothered by our presense. A solo diver also showed up just as we were heading into the water.

All-in-all, still a nice place to dive. (Just hold your breath by the waste treatment area ... or breath off your reg.)

In the end this little dust up worked out better for divers as we used to have to buy a parking pass from the marina for about $8 a day. Now we park for free!

There seems to be a nice period of accomodation between divers and residents developing so it would be good for us to do our part. I think Lions Bay residents realised the damage that their ham handed approach was doing to themselves and have stepped up to keep their few malcontents in line.

We should do the same by being friendly and respectful.

I have continued to dive there with no problems. The smell is pretty much gone. I dove there last week and the smell was minimal. No problems with the residents that I spoken to while there, very friendly.

And as Dale says, we have come out ahead with free parking :)

Hi all,
I just joined scuba board... and was reading about kelvin grove. I just did a dive there last week with my buddy and we had no problem as well there was another couple diving as well.

They don't even have a sign that says now diving.

Hi all,
I just joined scuba board... and was reading about kelvin grove. I just did a dive there last week with my buddy and we had no problem as well there was another couple diving as well.

They don't even have a sign that says now diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom