Kentucky Group Trip in MAY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha,

Lexington is about 4.5 hrs from Mermit and about 1:15 from Louisville. Unfortunately, I will be in Atlanta during the Derby for a conference. I was the only one with out Derby tickets so I got to go.

What will your husband be doing at the Derby? If you go don't forget your Derby Hat and have a Mint Juliep for me.

Chad

Falling rock is about 30 miles away from Louisville. So it wouldn't be to bad a trip but I don't think that they are open until the next week. PM bengalsmgtsucks and he will know exactly when they open. Have fun.

Chad

LaGrange, Ky. which is at exit 22 on I-71. When you exit I-71 you will head north on Ky 53. One block after you cross some railroad tracks you will turn LEFT(west) onto Ky 146. Proceed to 4th street and turn right. There is a street sign there but it is hard to see due to trees. 4th street becomes Fendley Mill Road follow this carefully(very sharp curves) for about 2 miles and look for the Falling Rock sign on your right. This is the way I have alsways gone.

There is another way which is to stay on Ky 53 and cross Ky 146 and go north out of town a few miles and then turn left on to Fendley Mill Rd. Bengalsmgtsucks tells me that this is not very clearly marked.

You can go to mapquest.com and get find a map of LaGrange there. If I recall zoom level 9 gives you a better look at the streets in LaGrange.

I hope this helps. If you need more help feel free to PM me.

BTW I plan to dive Falling Rock on May 11th if anyone is interested.

Howdy All,

I'll help JBD out a little. If you can make it to I-71 From either I-75, or I-65 you will be fine. From the Bowling Green area to the Gene Snyder Freeway in Louisville around to I-71 East. Then stay on I-71 until you hit the LaGrange exit that exits onto Highway 53. From Louisville take a left onto Highway 53. From the Cincy area take a Right onto Highway 53. Just a mile or so down the road you will cross the RR tracks. The RR tracks are also on a 4-way intersection(The tracks go down the MIDDLE of the freaking road). Just a hundred feet or so beyond the tracks you will see another 4-way with flashing caution lights. Take a left there. Just a short distance down this road you will see either 4th St. or 4th Ave. I forget if it's a Str. or Ave. Turn RIGHT onto 4th anyway. Then several several miles down the road you will see the quarry on your right. There are TWO quarry entrances. The first is really primitive and should be roped off. Take the 2nd entrance. You should see a dive flag and stuff. Just stop at the unbrella and table after you pull in and pay the girl. Tell them you are with Phillip or Innerspace from Lexington and they will direct you over to us. Let me know if you are coming so I can bring extra burgers and dogs to chow down on. Hope to see everyone there.

We have heard from some people who are coming but we haven't heard from everyone who expressed interest yet.

Come on folks. Let get together and dive. We would love to have you all come join us.

Chad

Is anyone interested in doing a night dive on this trip?

I will probably be home in my bedy by. I don't think I am going to camp.

Chad

I think i've been PM'ing everyone about this trip, I just now saw the thread sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Let me ask around, if I can get two other divers from here to go as well, that would be good. I'm a notorious cheapskate and can get them to chip in for gas :)

Looks like it would be about 5 hours from here. Sounds interesting though. Ill ask around here and let you know.

Cheers on plans to Mermet, WILL come to that one for sure. Thats less than an hour from here! Ditto with any future plans for Cerulean.

Laters!

Mark

K4SDI,

Just let us know so we have a pretty accurate count.

Hope you make it. Check this tread a the time gets nearer as we will post anything else that comes up in here.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom