Kentucky Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aigtbootbp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Simple question here, short and sweet.
We will be visiting Kentucky lake this summer for a few days. Would it be worth it to bring my dive gear along?
Thanks!

First, I have never dove KY Lake myself, but have talked to those who have. Vis is marginal at best (10- 15ft), plus you must have a surface marker to warn boats. That said, it really doesn't do anything to stop boats. There are some sunken towns in the lakes, where? I don't know for sure. those down there may. The water starts to get cold below 35- 40 ft. If you are at the lakes, you will be only an hour or so from Pennyroyal quarry in Hopkinsville, KY. Set up specifically for divers. Ranges in depth from wade in, to 25 ft, to 115ft. There are many attractions sunken there to check out. Here is their web site: Pennyroyal Scuba Blue Springs Resort . Hope that helps you some.

Sounds like a firm "maybe" to me...:wink:
Since we plan to rent a waterside cottage and I have a truck so I guess I will toss the tanks in the back and see how it is when I get there.
Thanks!
Gary

Back
Top Bottom