Keramas or Miyako island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sputnikboy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everybody,
next year in early May I will go to Japan and I'm looking for some diving. In 2015 I had underwater action in both Ishigaki and Yonaguni but for next year I'd like to change scenery and head somewhere else. As I want to relax on some pretty beaches as well, I'm thinking about Keramas (Zamami and/or Aka-jima) or Miyako island.
Anybody knows which of the two is the best for scuba diving? Any particular site not to miss?
Thanks in advance!

As you may know, you can easily enjoy cave diving in Miyako using normal equipment with a certificate of open water. It is very good site rather than a Cenote in Mexico.
Kerama is the typical tropic diving site so you can see white sand and many tropic fishes with good clearness.
Please note that August and September are typhoon season.

Thankyou very much nori1841! :thumb:
As I imagined Miyako offers some diverse diving compared to the Keramas. If I can, I'll go there then, much depending on the flights available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom