Key largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quiesence is a great dive op to dive through. They have 3 small boats, and are easy to locate when underwater because they have a 1, 2, and 3 painted on the bottom (jut remember what boat your on. However, they do not normally bring a DM on the boat but is possible by request (does cost some money.

You enter off the back of the boat via giant stride and while you go and sit on the back of the boat the captain gets your gear as brings it to you. The same applies for when you exit. Overall I had a great time with them and would highly recommend them to anyone going to key largo and particularly people staying in the Marriott because they are right next to Quiescence.

I'll second that, did two dive days a while back with Quiesence. Great operation.

I remember liking short walk from the parking lot to the boat and the friendly, helpful staff. We didn't pay for a private DM, but the captain gave us a briefing and was very knowledgeable about the dive sites (i.e. orientation of the wreck, current, etc.)

I've only gone out with Pennekamp so far. They have a morning option or afternoon option. two tanks / two spots. $55. Includes stay onboard DM. You can also get an in-water instabuddy guide for an extra $40

Limited but great experience with Conch Republic on 4 dives.

Mike

Going to key largo aug 21 looking for info on which dive op to hook up with

August is end of summer, so you should have plenty of choice (and space:)) I run a 12 passenger boat and a 6 passenger boat (25 delta same as quiescence) Check out my website and trip advisor reviews. Silent World Dive Center

quiescence are great too, don't want to say anything negative. Only difference is they are on Bayside and you will be on the boat 15 minutes extra each way to drive oceanside right past my dock.

+ 1 for Quiesence . Also like Silent World.

Thanks!

August is end of summer,

WHAT!!! I am not sure what you southern boys call summer lol, but we call it summer up north until you can just wear a wife beater outside and stay comfortable. August is when I plan on moving back into my 3 m for a couple weeks.

I only had two dives with them, but I liked Pirate Island.

WHAT!!! I am not sure what you southern boys call summer lol, but we call it summer up north until you can just wear a wife beater outside and stay comfortable. August is when I plan on moving back into my 3 m for a couple weeks.

I only had two dives with them, but I liked Pirate Island.

LOL, yes still summer, but end of our summer diving season for some reason. Still, its been such an odd year it wouldn't surprise me if November was busier than July...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom