Khao Lak Diving on Weeklong Thailand Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eotm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm flying to Thailand today and trying to figure out my diving options. I'm relatively new to scuba (20 dives, just finished my padi advanced open water and still don't have my nitrox due to queensland 2 nitrox dive cert rule). I'm going for songkran by myself, and at least for this trip, the party is the main attraction (I'm in my 20s). But of course, I'd like to get 2-6 dives in, over either a Similian islands daytrip or 1-night liveaboard.

Can someone recommend a fun operator and a luxury operator? I'm all for party boats, but since Khao Lak is my last stop a recommendation for a luxury operator would be nice as in theory 3 days on my beach was supposed to be the rest period during my frantic around the world trip.

I might pick up my nitrox, but I still am not comfortable checking my partial pressure etc. and so need to make sure the instructor is 100% reliable and the operator runs a tight ship.

Day trip (hydrofoil to similians) or 1 night stay. I can always checkout and check back into the Le Meridian resort. Especially if I go with their in-house operator (not sure of the name). Any recommended sites that it is worth switching operators to hit up. I just invested in a the Olympus EP1 system so being able to take nice photos would be a plus.

Quick turnaround would really be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom