KHR tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Palma

Contributor
Reaction score
i recently acquired a steel tank with the following markings:

KHR 22755 AIR 10 - 85. TP335 FP200. V 12.1 W14.9

IMG_3295_zpse9rotx4p.jpg

It's 7" in diameter and 24" from the base to the top of the neck.
I've ascertained that it's a 12.1L tank from Oct. 1985, serial number 22755, working pressure of 200 BAR and test pressure of 335. Weight 14.9?

My question is: who's the manufacturer? I've never heard of KHR, though the first hits on Google are Faber. However, their website says that their tanks are either marked "Faber" or M8303 (DOT code) - which are absent on this tank.

Given that the data is in metric, would the tank possibly be European? (I had an old IWKA steel tank that used M25 threads).

it's not Faber, their mfg mark is a triangle, not a circle, so our european friends will have to weigh in

with no DOT or TC stamp on there as well as pressure rated in bar, it's likely out of Europe anyway, sorry I couldn't be more helpful...

I am thinking the "K" in "KHR" is probably for a Korean company, but that is just a guess. I am just basing my guess on where you are located, so my first guess is that it would be an Asian company (not European), probably from either Korea or Japan. The K could be for one of the many Kawasaki subsidiaries.

If it was KHI, that could be Korean Heavy Industries or Kawasaki Heavy Industries. They are both huge companies with many fabrication interests.

I found this on the web, but it doesn't seem related:
KHR stands for KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) Humanoid Robot

Sorry, not much help

The tank came with an Oceanic sticker - though I can't be sure if it was there originally or not. Last hydro was in 1992. Still contains 1500 psi of air. I guess when the air runs out, I'll just knock the valve off and count threads since the valve type isn't indicated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom