Killer deal on the E-PM1 with Olympus housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't need this at all, but it seems a great deal and great opportunity. It would cost as much or more to get a basic point n' shoot with oem housing. Add a good strobe, a tray and arm and you have a very capable system and can upgrade it simply by adding a 9-18 lens (which by the way are $50.00 off right now).

Have fun!

OK got it, what a nice setup of couse it really seems so,since the only other UW camera I have is a little Sea Life 1400. So this is a nice upgrade. Love the fact that the housing has the exact button icons as the camera. I ended up getting the housing with lights which, I know are not very strong but at the same price, what the hay! Now the only problem is trying to figure out a tropical destination,t o put it thru the paces !!!

hi,
Can this setup work with my Inon 2000z.

I was looking into getting a Canon S110 setup, but I couldn't pass up this deal. Decided to go with this instead. Just ordered mine from Blue Water. Can't wait to try it out on my next diving trip. Now I just have to ave up for some strobes.

yes, i use the fiber-optic cable. i am currently using the olympus 5050wz. thanks gert

just an update the housing works with the 12-50 and the 60mm macro. I tried both on my recent trip. The camera came in handy. I didn't flood mine but my buddy flooded his. This is a great backup for someone using the OM-D, your lenses work with it. and l just checked they are still available.

just an update the housing works with the 12-50 and the 60mm macro. I tried both on my recent trip. The camera came in handy. I didn't flood mine but my buddy flooded his. This is a great backup for someone using the OM-D, your lenses work with it. and l just checked they are still available.

The lens will fit in the port, but there is no zoom mechanism is there? And no way to activate macro? I believe the E-PLx cameras will activate the macro electronically when you chose the underwater macro scene mode. But the E-PM1 does not have this. So how did you use this lens in the housing? Did you set it at macro before putting it in the case? Or did you keep it at 12mm for the dive? I would love to use this lens if I could, and really want to know what others are doing. Thanks.

A zoom gear is made for the 12-50 lens which allows it to zoom through the entire range in the Olympus housing. It can be used at the 50mm end with a close-up lens. It does not allow you to switch into the macro (43mm) mode. So if you want to use macro it needs to be set before you go into the water and will not change, this is the case with any of the cameras you may use the lens with.

The Nauticam housing and custom 12-50 port and gear is the only system that can switch between macro and the full zoom range.

Phil Rudin

Thanks for the info. I downloaded a system chart for PT-EP10 just for information. It has this: ""M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 EZ*....*1 Automatically when the camera mode is set to UW wide mode, the zoom position moves to WIDE, and when the camera mode is set to UW macro mode, the zoom position moves to TELE . It is effective when the zoom switch is set to E-zoom." I had (mistakenly, I guess) read this to mean that the camera could make the lens go into macro mode. I But I suppose it doesn't say that, only 'tele', which probably just means 50mm. It's impossible to find confirmation through Olympus on what works with what for their underwater equipment. I knew there was a zoom gear for the 12-50mm, but it only shows in later camera housings (because I guess it didn't exist when the E-PM1 was released. So I was unsure if that zoom gear would work with older housings. I really think it'd be great to have a wiki that collects all this information. Because you can read conflicting things all over the place on forums. For instance, the 45mm macro--some say it works in the default port, some say it does but not well, some say it doesn't at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom