Kirby Morgan Superflow 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJYruegas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Starting the fall semester at SBCC’s Marine Diving Technology Program. I picked up a pair of brand new Kirby Morgan Superflow 2nd stages and will be using them every week through December. Excited to see how they do. I took an equipment course last semester where I learned how they service them so that is also a plus.

Nice regs and virtually identical to the US Divers 2nd's (metal and 1st gen plastic)......with the addition of the adjustment knob and slightly larger purge button.
You'll probably never have to service them as the red seat will last decades.....some lube on the adjustment knob mechanism is all that's routinely needed.

I've looked st those a few times and often consider buying a pair from time to time but boy are they expensive. Maybe one day. Please post back your impressions. Cheers.

Nice regs and virtually identical to the US Divers 2nd's (metal and 1st gen plastic)......with the addition of the adjustment knob and slightly larger purge button.
You'll probably never have to service them as the red seat will last decades.....some lube on the adjustment knob mechanism is all that's routinely needed.

Have you dived one? I'm assuming they perform the same as a conshelf except you can tune them a little lighter due to adjuster? Trying to justify buying a pair. Do you know what percentage of parts, save knob, are shared with a conshelf? If the purge button is larger I'm guessing face plates are not interchangeable? I have 6 brand new conshelf face plates. I like the sound of "decades". Cheers.

I have a few of these in both the original KMDSI and the rebranded Abysmal varieties. They are VERY robust regulators and breath well. The adjustment knob has a ton of adjustment from very tight to an aggressive free flow. I have never tried the Kirby Morgan first stage but have found the Conshelf or SEA first stage to be an excellent match. Good luck with these, they are my favorites!!!

I have a few of these in both the original KMDSI and the rebranded Abysmal varieties. They are VERY robust regulators and breath well. The adjustment knob has a ton of adjustment from very tight to an aggressive free flow. I have never tried the Kirby Morgan first stage but have found the Conshelf or SEA first stage to be an excellent match. Good luck with these, they are my favorites!!!

I don't suppose you would have a service manual per chance? I'd be very keen to look at one. Thank you.

Do you know how they compare to a conshelf second? Cheers.

At around over $700 for a pair it's a big chunk of change. Having said that I dropped over $600 on two new Conshelf 14s so I guess money/sense and all that. I've been eyeing them for quite a while now.

Yes, with the adjustment knob they breathe very much like a well tuned Conshelf.
Same seats as the Conshelf, red, grey or black, doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom