Knee Surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N

nobends

I had an arthioscopy to my right knee back in early October of 2000. I've dove several times since then and have noticed some strange behavior from my knee.

First question: My procedure ended up removing part of the meniscus (sp?) from my right knee. I'm 95% recovered, but I notice that my knee starts popping a lot when I'm finning at depth. It's not immediately painful (sometimes sore later on) but I am concerned first with why this is happening, and what I can do to prevent it?

Second: Am I at any additional risk from DCS in that knee because of the surgery and resulting scar tissues? Thanks a ton!

Dear Nobends;

I see that we still do not have any "takers" on this question. Dr Deco is a research scientist and not a clinician. Thus I do not answer questions that lie in the realm of medicine. Thus questions in arthroscopy are not in my area and should be posted in the Diving Medicine Section. :confused:

As far as DCS is concerned, injuries may or may not affect decompression performance. It is difficult to day in advance.

Dr Deco

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom