Knife for SeaQuest Balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EvvScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was going to post this in the BC forum, but it's not really a BC question.

Anyway, I recently picked up a SeaQuest Balance BCD. It has a spot for attaching a knife onto it using some sort of snaps or something. I've looked and have found that several Deep See knives will snap right on. Problem is I haven't been able to locate an actual place that sells any.

Anyone have any links? Thanks!

Sports Chalet carry the knives that fit the grommets on the Sea Quest Balance. I brought mine there. Let me know if you need a model # and I'll post it later.

Grey_Wulff

Thanks Grey! A model number would be great if you think about it. I'm not real picky, I just need a small knife that won't get in the way.

So, do they snap into the grommets or is it more of bolt and nut type setup? Have you had any issue with it attached there?

I got a knife that fits with the Balance through Sports Chalet as well...

The Wenoka knife has nut-bolt set up to attach to BC. Haven't seen a snap on knife.

I've got the deep see squeeze lock knife ( http://www.deepseeinc.com/products/squeeze_lock.html )mounted on my balance right now. Apparently the Big Squeeze will fit as well, but when I looked at it, it was entirely too large. If you know of a shop that sells aqualung products, they should be able to order any of the deep see knives for you. Lots of other knives should fit the mounting holes though.

I just picked up a Balance today and said no to the knife because I already have one. I noticed that the dive shop kept the screws which came with the knife which was displayed on the BC before. Is there a way or place that just sell those screws? Or should the shop have let me keep the screws? Do you think the screws come with the knife or the BC?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom