Knife location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wenoka squeeze lock knife on my harness belt left side. It's easy to get to and stays out of the way. Also, I carry shears clipped off to a bungee loop in the left drysuit bellows pocket.

My preferred knife location? In my storage locker at home. Haven't dived with a knife in several decades (although I own a few). In my teens and twenties I thought I could fend off a great white shark with the old "Jim Bowie" dive knife I carried. Now I just carry a Sea Snips to cut the fishing line I occasionally encounter in the kelp forest.

Dr. Bill

I carry a large knife stapped to my left calf and a trauma shears in a sheath clipped on my bcd near my right hip. The shears are better for cutting line and cut 1/2" rope easily. The knife is better as a hammer or pry bar and is good for opening scallops and razor clams.:D

on my right inner calf.
I am currently considering carrying a pair of scissors in my BC.

remember that in this politically correct world a dive knife is now a cutting tool and an Ar15 is a homeland defense tool.

gsxr1997 once bubbled...
... politically correct world ...

What politically correct world :confused:

I carry a small Akona blunt tip w/tank banger on my left BC strap and a Server foldout on my right strap. THe akona is very easy to draw, but the Server is pretty difficult.

I avoid placing anything on my legs because when I do wear a weight belt, I wouldn't want it to get hung up on my knife. Also, it would be hard to reach if I was severely hung up.

I have a 5 inch knife mounted on the side of my BC and a small back up knife on the hose to my computer it sits right at my left shoulder mounted upside down. I only have these in case of being cought up in fishing line or lobster pot lines which there is a ton of where i dive....

Blunt tip blade with seration and a line cutter on one side, edge on the other. That one goes on the inner calf, too much kelp where I dive.

Small blade in a pocket or mounted on the inflater hose of the BC.

Eventually I plan on picking up some shears to carry as well. Would be better than a line cutter since you can cut someone out of their gear or wet suit if you had to with those. (Underwater or on the beach).

I carry a knife on the inside of my calf. A small backup knife in a pouch mounted to my cumberband, and a line cutter fasceted to by BC shoulder strap.

The reason the the backup is incase I cant get to my primary knife. The line cutter is in a convenient location but it is a little tough to deploy. It tends to bind in it's keeper. I can over come this if I use both hands to deploy it. I have no problem deploying either knife with only one (either) hand.

I put the primary knife on the inside of the leg as I figure it is less likely to snag on things. I however, have broke one sheath when it got caught on a swim platform when I jmped in once. I haven't tried to relocate it as I still haven't found a better place for it. Now I'm just careful of it when I jump. I find it best to lead with the foot it is attached to. This make certain it is well clear of what I'm jumping from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom