Kodak EasyShare Z885

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LawyerScubaGirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking for a waterproof case for my Kodak EasyShare Z885 that can go down at least 70 feet. Does anyone have any recommendations?

No one I know of has made a real UW housing for Kodak still cameras since Ikelite tried and apparently didn't sell any several years ago. You can get a ziplock bag (Dipac, I think) that is good to 10 meters.
My suggestion would be, either buy a second camera that is popular underwater (check this forum for various models people are using) or if you're handy, compare your camera physically with other cameras that have housings available.
You used to be able to buy "Universal" underwater housings. You had to modify the tray that holds the camera, and put extensions on the various buttons to match them up. I don't think anything such exists anymore, but if the camera will fit inside and the port will line up, a person with access to a dremel and various materials to cut with it can cobble something together.

Bonica makes a "universal" housing. It's called the Seashell SS-1, but they don't list your model as an application. I think it fits only cameras with a center lens design. There are some Kodaks listed, but not any Z models. They have button kits for the various models. There's also a cheapie rubber housing called "MyUnderwaterCamera"or something of that sort. They're listed at 30 meters, but all the reviews say they're useless below 10 feet because the rubber squeezes and you can't extend the port or push the buttons. The DiCaPac ziplocs have the same issue, but they're only rated for 30'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom