Koh Lanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doc2b4fun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hello scuba community!! Im heading to Koh Lanta in first week of december. lm certified rescue diver and looking for any recommendations on dive shops and trips. also any other info/advice on koh lanta in general would be appreciated.

I recommend Andaman Dive Adventure.

The dive sites are about 1.5-2 hrs away with an early start of about 7 AM, with free pickup from accommodations. Typically, there are two dives, but they've posted lately about three dives. Breakfast after boarding, dive, surface interval, dive, then lunch on the way back, unless there's a third dive, which I've yet to experience, as only two were offered when I was there three years ago. You'll be back by 3 or 4 PM.

You can expect seahorses, box fish, turtles, leopard sharks, barracuda, Peacock Mantis shrimp, manta, nudi's, etc. and the occasional Whale Shark. There's lots of soft coral.

If you're flying into Krabi and minibus'ing it there, the minibus is super packed, so be prepared for that, as the ride is 4-5 hrs! If you can get a group together, about 4, a private SUV car hire is more comfortable.

There are plenty of accommodation types and eats on Koh Lanta.

I have had good experiences using Lanta Divers. Professional and always taken good care of us.

I recommend Lanta Diver.
Lanta Diver have 3 different boats (two big boats and one speedboat) so its easy to get to the divesites you want to dive.
Most of the Lanta Diver crew have worked there for many years so they know the divesites very well.
Some of the other diveshops have a lot of snorkellers on their boats and it can get messy.
If you contact Lanta Diver they can also help you to arrange accomodation if needed.

The ride from Krabi airport to Lanta is not 4-5 hours, it is 1,5 hours.....

I recommend Lanta Diver.
Lanta Diver have 3 different boats (two big boats and one speedboat) so its easy to get to the divesites you want to dive.
Most of the Lanta Diver crew have worked there for many years so they know the divesites very well.
Some of the other diveshops have a lot of snorkellers on their boats and it can get messy.
If you contact Lanta Diver they can also help you to arrange accomodation if needed.

The ride from Krabi airport to Lanta is not 4-5 hours, it is 1,5 hours.....

Hopefully it's faster now. When I went three years ago, I took a minibus from the airport, which took us to a sorting station where we had to wait for another minibus, depending on destination. That minibus had to take two car ferries to get to Koh Lanta. Each ferry involved a long wait. At least one bridge was under construction when I was there, which would eliminate one ferry wait now if it's been completed.

I was there a few years ago, before the bridge was completed. We were fortunate in that my wife booked us with the Houben resort which had a boat pick us up near Krabi instead of waiting for the ferry. I dove with Scuba Fish and they were good. They have two boats. They go out in the morning and serve lunch on the boats.

Scubafish

the Houben discount rooms

For me, the easiest way to get to Lanta is to book a privat car with a driver from Lanta.
When I arrive at the airport the driver is waiting for me outside.
There is only one ferry. The bridge was completed a couple of years ago.
I am travelling to Lanta next monday.
I payed 2000 bath for a one way trip to Lanta for 2 persons including ferry.
Takes about 1,5 hours.

I came to Lanta intending to stay for two weeks and chill on the beach and get my OW (or at least one dive to face my fear). 40+ dives, OW, advanced, rescue, deep, and EANx later and Im starting my DMT. Ive dove with Go Dive Lanta and Andaman Dive Adventure and both are excellent outfits. Go Dive Lanta is a little more relaxed and "fun" and you'll have a blast going out with them. Andaman is a little more serious but very professional and still a blast to go out with. You cant go wrong with either one. Most of the other companies Ive been on the boats with are great too but these two Ive personally dove with. PM me if you want any more information. You'll love Lanta! It's great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom