Kona's Big Island Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last edited:
Moved on request.:D

I thought it was worth it.

These were shot by Joshua Lambus during the BWD I did with him last November.

1.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

2.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

This was the best I could do with the DC500. Forget about stills, the P&S will focus through the critters and the results are less than acceptable.

I've done the black water dive twice. The last time was with Big Island Divers. It is definitely something that you don't get to do everyday! I'd do it again! It's like being in outer space and all of these little alien things come floating by!

I did the Black Water dive with Big Island Divers - it was a really neat dive. But in all honesty, my favorite thing about the dive was just sitting around and BS'ing with Josh. He's a really cool guy and fun to talk with.

I would definitely do the Black Water dive over the Manta Dive if you have to choose - while mantas are cool, it was much nicer to see them out in the open on our own, rather than the staged setting around the "campfire".

I remember that Wildcard L-O-V-E-D the black water dives, a must do dive

UPDATE: We booked the Black Water Dive. Thanks to all for your input. We will do the Manta Ray Night Dive also. Great pics *dave* and good video. I have a P&S so I will plan for video also.

Glad you booked them! I remember my first black water dive; my buddy and I were at the back of the boat putting our fins on, ready to be first in the water. I looked at him and said, "What the -blank- are we doing???" We then laughed and jumped in.

Just think, you're bait. It was great!

Yes, I have run the "bait" scenario through the wind mills of my mind already and decided no one lives forever. :D See any Oceanic White Tips during your dives?

Back
Top Bottom