KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well it's been a heck of a week for me, not much of a vacation. As some of you know my wife has been dealing with cancer over the last two years. I decided to take some time this week and deal with my medical issues which have been on the back burner!

So far everything has been going well, got good news from the dentist and he repaired a cracked tooth I've been dealing with for some time. Good and bad news on the optical front, my vision improved again, over all 20/15, but my bifocal strength went from +.25 to a whopping +2, now what the heck do I do with 2 prescription masks? :D
Anyone have a link for those glue in bifocals? No wonder I've had issues reading my gauges!

Wish me luck on my blood work follow up tomorrow!

Heard from Lou, "warchief," he seems to be doing really good, I'm glad his spirits remain high. He said he would be seeing us soon!:D

Wish I could be down there for the sinking Tammy, be sure and get some pics and video! Sounds like we may be learning from you this year, best of luck on the classes.

The weather is improving, so everyone get geared up for this year. Remember, we need to get a group get together for Pennyroyal this summer, I'm sure looking forward to this one! Laurel Lake sounds like another possible trip.

So how many divers are up for jbd's, "sadistic instructor," training this year? :D

Enough for now, as Hoosier says, "Safe Dive!"

Good luck on the blood work, and my prayers are with you and your wife.

Looking forward to seeing Lou and Julie.

The weather should be getting nice pretty soon. If I can find me a decent pair of drysuit fins I'm ready.

I'm looking forward to the training. At least this time I'll have others to share dealing with the issues. :wink:

I might create an issue or two just for you jp :D

LL I hope all is going well for your wife. I hope you studied for your blood tests :wink:

Speaking of eyesight, I'm pondering not taking any guages with me anymore. Just dive and and go where John goes and surface when he does.:D

Land Locked:
Well it's been a heck of a week for me, not much of a vacation. As some of you know my wife has been dealing with cancer over the last two years. I decided to take some time this week and deal with my medical issues which have been on the back burner!

So far everything has been going well, got good news from the dentist and he repaired a cracked tooth I've been dealing with for some time. Good and bad news on the optical front, my vision improved again, over all 20/15, but my bifocal strength went from +.25 to a whopping +2, now what the heck do I do with 2 prescription masks? :D
Anyone have a link for those glue in bifocals? No wonder I've had issues reading my gauges!

Wish me luck on my blood work follow up tomorrow!

Heard from Lou, "warchief," he seems to be doing really good, I'm glad his spirits remain high. He said he would be seeing us soon!:D

Wish I could be down there for the sinking Tammy, be sure and get some pics and video! Sounds like we may be learning from you this year, best of luck on the classes.

The weather is improving, so everyone get geared up for this year. Remember, we need to get a group get together for Pennyroyal this summer, I'm sure looking forward to this one! Laurel Lake sounds like another possible trip.

So how many divers are up for jbd's, "sadistic instructor," training this year? :D

Enough for now, as Hoosier says, "Safe Dive!"

Hey Chris,
Hope your blood work is OK, I know it will be. Are you looking for the bifocals you you put in yourself or like the one I have? I've had both, the ones that just stick in your mask are not much, the bifocals I have now come from Professional Opticians located in Lexington (859)278-5409 they take your prescription and make a bifocal's to fit your mask. These warm days have got me itching to dive!!! A trip to Pennyroyal is a must this summer,renting a pontoon boat at Laurel Lake would make a nice trip,heck, I can't wait till Joe's opens.....
Kenny

As always my prayers are with you. Just thought the other day at work about Kim and wondered how she was doing.

The weather today was just beautiful and next week is looking good as well. Really got the itch to go for a dive since I missed the last KPP dive.
Let me know what you guys have planned for road trips and I will see what I can do about joining you. Right now work is looking really nice for diving, can you say 4 ten hour days. :D:D

REALLY looking forward to jbd's class!!:D It will be nice to have a class that I actually learn something from.

Thank you for the prayers all.
Kim is doing pretty good, she has 3 Dr's appts this next week to follow up on her
progress. So today after my appt I took her car out and got the oil changed and
the gas tank filled, so she is ready to travel to town.
So we have 3 more years to go on that bottle of champagne I'm holding in reserve.
That will put us at the all clear 5 year mark and that bottle at the 10 year mark!

Kenny, I'm really thinking on the cheap glue in's. I've spent enough this year already!
I don't think I could afford having custom ground bi-focals for two masks, I'd be better to take jbs's advice and invest in some doubles and use someone else's sac for the dive! :D

So it was 71 and sunny today! I'm ready to go diving guy's and gals!!!

We are praying for your family. God touchs your bodies and bring your bodies into good.

Great.... We love to be the new place for the gathering....

Yesterday's diving was a solo blast and was a partial ice diving in a warm air temperature.

Enjoy the ice diving while you can! Only 10 days till spring!

For those that have not seen the episode, Discovery Channel has the
Myth Busters Jaws special on tonight.

Land Locked:
Enjoy the ice diving while you can! Only 10 days till spring!

Can't get here soon enough for me! :D

Spring schming, lets go dive. Anybody up for doubles?? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom