Krabi, Koh Tao or Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm back!
I had great time in Koh Tao.
On a diving prospective, I couldn't ask more: I had the best instructor ever, and I couldn't ask any better. I've never had an instructor so prepared, demanding and professional. He really made me work hard, but the whole course was great!
Same for the conditions: I've never seen an ocean so calm.

I was also impressed by the number of diving centres there are there, and also impressed by how many new divers are "made" every day...

The island is beautiful, and it has great potential. I wish I could have more time to explore the jungle as well...
As a rock climber, I've also salivated a lot by looking at all those perfectly round boulders and cliffs and cracks... However, it was too hot to even try to climb... Maybe in a "cooler" season. I bet the jungle has great boulder area.

And now for the negative part. I wish authorities and the tourist could be less destructive and careless.
And this is the part I didn't like about my trip: the tourists.
I could summarise them with the classic "young, dumb & full of cum". Partying all night, loud and drunk*. Completely wasted the day after, you can see many of them wandering in the late morning like zombies...
My question is: why you travel so many miles (most of them are european) to go in a wonderful place just to get drunk and party all night and completely avoid the natural beauties of the place?
I can't understand...
Maybe I'm too old...

Anyway, would I go back there? Absolutely! I would just go in a quieter part of the island...

*I had a nice cabin 20 meters from the beach. Unfortunately, I had to move away from there because every night a club was starting playing really loud music at 10 pm until 2 am, with a fuc#ing retarded dj screaming all night... :mad:

Try Ao Nang in Krabi next time, not so many young and dumb but Rock climbing centres over on Railay are awesome. My booked lesson with Climbing Jane turned into a hilariously embarassing overbooking with a "special VIP" who agreed to not be a precocious hollywood type and share the lesson timeslot with me. I had a rock climbing lesson with Jason Statham who I thought was Gerard Butler .... :facepalm:I did not work this out until a year later when watching a Jason Statham movie.

Try Ao Nang in Krabi next time, not so many young and dumb but Rock climbing centres over on Railay are awesome. My booked lesson with Climbing Jane turned into a hilariously embarassing overbooking with a "special VIP" who agreed to not be a precocious hollywood type and share the lesson timeslot with me. I had a rock climbing lesson with Jason Statham who I thought was Gerard Butler .... :facepalm:I did not work this out until a year later when watching a Jason Statham movie.
I was supposed to be there in in Janauary 2004, when the tsunami hit...
Luckily, we had a problem with the booking and we canceled the trip. A friend of mine was there climbing when it happened: he was able to save himself and his friend, but they were trapped over there for weeks...

Anyway, would I go back there? Absolutely! I would just go in a quieter part of the island...

*I had a nice cabin 20 meters from the beach. Unfortunately, I had to move away from there because every night a club was starting playing really loud music at 10 pm until 2 am, with a fuc#ing retarded dj screaming all night... :mad:
Maed Head where the ferry docks is very quiet.

Every day I was passing by (on the boat) on the north side of the island: I fell in love with the resort with the cute little cabin on the boulders. I've checked the prices: a little bit more prices for the standard of Koh Tao, but more cheaper than a dirty pub in Australia :D

I was supposed to be there in in Janauary 2004, when the tsunami hit...
Luckily, we had a problem with the booking and we canceled the trip. A friend of mine was there climbing when it happened: he was able to save himself and his friend, but they were trapped over there for weeks...
Trapped for weeks? With flights coming in and going out every day nobody at all was trapped.

Tsunami was December 2004 BTW, I presume that is what you meant.

Trapped for weeks? With flights coming in and going out every day nobody at all was trapped.

Tsunami was December 2004 BTW, I presume that is what you meant.
that's what I meant: he was there during the tsunami tragedy (I wasn't because our booking was cancelled): after the tsunami hit, was impossible for him to come back (to Italy) for weeks because of the chaotic situation

that's what I meant: he was there during the tsunami tragedy (I wasn't because our booking was cancelled): after the tsunami hit, was impossible for him to come back (to Italy) for weeks because of the chaotic situation
And as I said that is not correct, it was really easy to come and go.

And as I said that is not correct, it was really easy to come and go.
...well, then he probably extended his vacation using the tsunami as an excuse :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom