Kraken Maintenance Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. The regular maintenance certainly applies.

The annual maintenance is something you might want to tackle only if you have some familiarity with regulator repair. Or at least do it alongside someone who is familiar with doublehose regs.
However, there are parts that don't correspond in your link above; for example, C-clips and duckbill valves.
Take a look at vintagedoublehose.com , register for an account, and peruse the Forum's various threads. There is a wealth of information there. Or just ask a question here. There are a number of Kraken divers that can help you.

Yes but I highly recommend you remove the hose loop (I leave the mouthpiece connected) from any DH reg after your diving (day/week or whatever), flush them with warm water, sling them to remove as much water as possible then hang them to dry. If you have been diving salt water, run warm fresh water into both horns of the cans. Fill the supply side, slosh it around, dump and repeat then set the cans so any remaining water can drain out the horn. I store my DH regs with the hose loop off. The worst thing you can do to a DH reg is to leave water in the hose loop for weeks/months. It is common for some water to get into the cans, fresh water is not a big deal if drained but leaving salt water in the cans will do a lot of damage. Always rinse and drain the cans after salt water use, it will pay HUGE dividends when service time comes.....and it doesn't hurt after fresh water use.

Back
Top Bottom