Kubi Dry glove rings with blue smurf gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ:
What ring size do you have? I use 80 mm and can't get the wrinkles out. The Showa gloves I have won't work on thee rings.

I use showas with the 80mm rings, no problems. Try mounting the rings higher up on the gloves where the glove becomes narrower. I cut quite a bit of excess glove off mine.

AJ:
I'll try that. Thanks!

Still will need to fold the o-ring in the cuff of the glove so the outside of the glove is making contact with the glove-side ring in order to have a waterproof seal when all is connected.

-Z

I love using the Dry 5 Gloves from XS scuba on the 90mm rings. Its a bit of a pain to get everyting stretched and the inner smoothskin seal inverted under the o-ring but the combination of dry neoprene gloves with the ease of the kubi rings is a perfect match.

I use a solution of dawn dish soap and water to good effect in getting my SHOWA gloves situated on my glove rings (Waterproof Ultima DGS). It helps the glove move between the o-ring and the glove ring.

I keep a finger on the area above the o-ring in the section of the glove I am working as it is easy to cause the o-ring to be pulled out of the groove of the ring which incurs the pain of starting over with re-mounting the glove on the glove ring.

-Z

I love using the Dry 5 Gloves from XS scuba on the 90mm rings. Its a bit of a pain to get everyting stretched and the inner smoothskin seal inverted under the o-ring but the combination of dry neoprene gloves with the ease of the kubi rings is a perfect match.

Cool idea! I never would have thought of that, but now you have me thinking....

+1 for showa smurf gloves and kubis. Figuring it out the first time is a bit finnicky, but it's quick to install new gloves after you've done it once. I used the orange ones for awhile but switched to blue ones as the thumbs on the orange ones didn't last for me.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if anyone has questions on how to install. I don't have pictures but I have a video somewhere I can forward.

Reviving this for anyone else who struggled fitting showa 720s to their kubi rings. The 3d printed rings by Becky are a game changer! Becky9 they should honestly be an officially provided tool by kubi at this point.

I found the easiest way to make it work was to undo the buckle on the helper ring, slip the thick o-ring on the groove and then pull out the plastic helper ring until it clicks. Then proceed with the steps in the video that she has.

If you're struggling to fit smurf gloves, get someone to print you a set of these and struggle no more!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom