KUBI O-ring sizes and replacement in US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone know the O-ring sizes for KUBI dry glove system and more importantly, where to purchase them in the US?

I'm still on my original set of o-rings after 2 years with 80mm rings and they're starting to get a bit worn so I'd like to replace them.

I'd order a set from KUBI store in the UK but it's almost 27USD for shipping across the pond for a set of o-rings.
The KUBI_instructions_glove.pdf lists sizes but it doesnt specify which size ring from what I can see.

I found a post here that says these are the sizes but I don't know how accurate it is: Kubi O rings [Archive] - The Dive Forum

O-Rings (nbr70) 80mm 90mm 100mm
Glove part fixing 69.1 x 5.8 69,1 x 5,8 79,1 x 5,8
Glove part security 62 x 4 72 x 4 82 x 4
Glove part sealing 65 x 5 75 x 5 74,63 x 5,33 (75 x 5) 2.559 X 0.196
Cuff part security 62 x 4 72 x 4 82 x 4
Cuff part fixing 74,1 x 5,8 84,1 x 5,8 94,1 x 5,8

If I can confirm sizes I'm sure there is a DIY solution from an online o-ring vendor..

Last edited:
DiveRightInScuba are US dealers they should be able to order them for you. You can buy direct from Kubi UK, postage is very reasonable unlike USPS. If you have no joy send me a PM I have a few 80mm spares.

Just re read your post and noticed shipping cost, that's ridiculous, I bought some and by Royal Airmail was around £6. Guess they have changed shipping, bummer.

Last edited:
DiveRightInScuba are US dealers they should be able to order them for you. You can buy direct from Kubi UK, postage is very reasonable unlike USPS. If you have no joy send me a PM I have a few 80mm spares.

Thanks I can try reaching out to DiveRightInScuba again. Last time I had spoken to them they didn't have any in-stock. The postage from KUBI Store UK was like 27 dollars. Seems a little high when the o-rings only cost 12 GBP (14USD) and I am sure that is marked up as well :)

I didn't realize they had changed their o-ring sizes. Did they make them bigger or smaller?

Some were made thicker, but IIRC it was for the fitted system. They changed the colour to make differentiating easier.

Thanks I can try reaching out to DiveRightInScuba again. Last time I had spoken to them they didn't have any in-stock. The postage from KUBI Store UK was like 27 dollars. Seems a little high when the o-rings only cost 12 GBP (14USD) and I am sure that is marked up as well :)

I didn't realize they had changed their o-ring sizes. Did they make them bigger or smaller?

Did you end up having any luck?

Yes. Sorry I should have updated this thread. KUBI UK replied back to my email with appropriate size o-rings.

The o-ring sizes for the KUBI standard 80mm system are as follow:

Cuff Side
Cuff Side Fixing O-Ring 74.1 x 5.8mm Black EPDM
Cuff Side Securing O-Ring 82 x 4mm Black EPDM

Glove Side
Glove Side Fixing O-Ring 69.1 x 5.8mm Black EPDM
Glove Side Securing O-Ring 82 x 4mm Black EPDM
Sealing O-Ring 65 x 5mm Red NBR70

Hi macado, just wondering, where did you order these o-rings from?

I ran into this problem with Viking Bayonet cuffs. Dealers had no idea. Distributor had no idea. Viking HO never responded. I ended up taking one to my local industrial bearing place. They measured it, concluded no such o-ring existed (possible a custom size since Viking's parent company makes ribber products). We were able to find something that worked though, so now I have a bag of them. I think 10 of them cost $10 including tax.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom