Kudos to Deep Sea Supply (DSS)!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
In preparation for an upcoming warm water dive trip, I went to remove the weight plates on my DSS backplate, only to find that the final screw holding them together was stuck. My valiant attempt to free it simply resulted in my stripping the screw. Not wanting to damage the threads on either the backplate or weight, I contacted Tobin (cool_hardware52) to see if he could help. He said not a problem, to swing by and he'd take a look. Even though he was busy, he quickly got it sorted out, with no damage to plate or weight. He refused payment for his service and even threw in a new screw. Mind you, all of this is on a kit I purchased from him 10 years ago!

The value of DSS gear is already extremely high (great product, very affordable price), but the service, which continues a decade after you purchase, is what truly sets this brand and owner apart. Thanks, again, Tobin!

Back
Top Bottom