Kume Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firipu

New
Reaction score
Hello,

Long time lurker, but I finally registered because I have a "pressing" question.

I'm going to Okinawa early august for diving. I was thinking to go diving in Kume Island (for personal reasons, there's a nice resort hotel in which my mom can keep her grandchild busy while me and the missus go diving), but I can't find much information about the quality of the diving spots there. Do people only dive in and around Hata no hama?
Is it worth diving there? Or would it be a waste of a trip considering there are much much better spots in and around Okinawa?

Thanks a lot,

Firipu

Kume has some great diving - big cave, lots of turtles, clear water and other sites. Not any shops that have English speakers that I know of but there are a couple small local operators on the island. There are numerous resorts on the main island of Okinawa where the kids can be kept busy while you go diving.

Kume has some great diving - big cave, lots of turtles, clear water and other sites. Not any shops that have English speakers that I know of but there are a couple small local operators on the island. There are numerous resorts on the main island of Okinawa where the kids can be kept busy while you go diving.

Thanks for the answer. Really looking forward to it. One more week xD

Back
Top Bottom