L.p 85 or l.p 95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XxDiveLifexX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I'm gonna post this here and in the wreck diving form as I'm getting into both and looking for an all purpose tank setup. I'm 6'2" 295 lbs I'm in ok shape (Well ok dive shape) my RMV rate is good .58. I know there are tons of threads on here about l.p vs hp and 85s and 95s and so on. So without opening a huge can of worms what's a decent set up for back mount doubles lp85 or lp95 don't want to go bigger and my LDS gives "good" fills as I live in and near North central florida and west central florida. Just looking for what people use and why they like it and if they have had experience with both thanks in advance

It's very much a personal decision relative to the types of dives you want to do and how much weight (out of water) you are willing to carry. For me, I'm not all that excited about doing really deep dives or long cave penetrations. I also don't really enjoy lugging around more weight on the surface than I have to. So for me, a set of lp 85s (with good fills yielding around 200 cf total) is all I would ever want. I also like a slimmer tank on my back. But if you want to do some deeper/longer dives, don't mind a thicker tank on your back or the extra weight, then the 95s will fit the bill.

It's very much a personal decision relative to the types of dives you want to do and how much weight (out of water) you are willing to carry. For me, I'm not all that excited about doing really deep dives or long cave penetrations. I also don't really enjoy lugging around more weight on the surface than I have to. So for me, a set of lp 85s (with good fills yielding around 200 cf total) is all I would ever want. I also like a slimmer tank on my back. But if you want to do some deeper/longer dives, don't mind a thicker tank on your back or the extra weight, then the 95s will fit the bill.
Thanks I don't mind carrying the extra weight I dive with a single 120 l.p. now and it's not bad. I'm looking to single the 85 or 95 for now then doubling them up later. I'm wanting to fine tune my buoyancy and with the 120 its not to bad but kinda of a pain but I like it for making multiple spearfishing dives

You're fairly tall and the 95 are short. Would you be able to get them trimmed out properly?

Personally, I like pst (I think) lp85's better than faber lp95's if the 85's are filled to your needs

Less weight out of water, less lead required in water.

_R

Lp 95's are all over the place if your looking for good used ones. Heck, I've got two out of hydro Fabre 95's you can have if you want to pick them up at Amigo's. Ken

Lp 95's are all over the place if your looking for good used ones. Heck, I've got two out of hydro Fabre 95's you can have if you want to pick them up at Amigo's. Ken
Pm sent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom