La Casita de Indio?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are getting back to Coz for the first time in a couple of years in October, and the last time we were there I found a restaurant called La Casita de Indio a couple of blocks from the Suites Bahia, and was amazed by what we got there. I added a gushing review to a restaurant thread here which was running at the time, but I haven't seen mention of the place since. Is it still there? We would love to go back, and Judy still talks about the chicken soup she got there. Thanks for your help. Woody

I was there in July for a late lunch one afternoon. Seemed to have a pretty limited menu, based on other information I had seen online. Maybe I got the gringo menu. I had chilaquiles verde, which was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My DH and I ate there a few times during our visit 2 years ago. It was a nice easy walk from the place we stay at (Villa Escondida B & B ) and the food and specials offered were very good. However, this past July we chose not to stop. They did not have the specials nor was there a definite plan if or when they may or may not have the BBQ night. When we asked, all we were told is "Maybe, depends if we get the meat or not".... In addition, We also were not certain as where the intermittent septic odor was coming from that was near the venue. Now, in all fairness, it could have been coming from the place adjacent to the restaurant, however, the smell was a bit overbearing. I hope it was a temporary problem.

We ate lunch there twice back in March. Good food! Can't say I remember the smell, but the washrooms could have used soap. From what I gather soap must be pricy in Coz. It wasn't the only place we ate that couldn't seem to afford it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom