La Choza - sauce

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasherry

Contributor
Reaction score
Last night I finally busted open the bottle of spicy cheese sauce. It was heaven. Transported me back to a nice warm day with a lovely ocean breeze blowing through the open windows and doors. I could almost even hear the guitar players serenading a couple in the corner.
So, my question.... Does anyone have any idea what is in it. How they make it. :06:
I would love to be able to make that at home. I will be sad when it is gone. I should have bought more.

I didn't know you could buy it. Did you just ask the waiter, or is it advertised and I've been too interested in my margarita to notice?

scubawife:
I didn't know you could buy it. Did you just ask the waiter, or is it advertised and I've been too interested in my margarita to notice?
Yes you can buy it!!!! We asked for some to go and our waiter said would you like the $6 bottle or the $9 bottle. So got the $6 one. Should have bought the bigger one. Oh and by the way. Thank you for the chip making suggestion. I will have to hunt around for better tortillas. I like to fry up strips of flour tortillas when I make tortilla soup. Maybe I can find something a little thicker for chips. :wink:

I have been told the ingredients are:

Chile de Arbol
Oil
Vinegar
Garlic

... but I have never been able to duplicate it. I just end up buying more when I run out. Ask your waiter for it, they keep the bottles by the cash register.

Please note: there is definitely no cheese in it.

YUM!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

Coz Sally:

Chile de Arbol
Oil
Vinegar
Garlic

... but I have never been able to duplicate it. I just end up buying more when I run out. Ask your waiter for it, they keep the bottles by the cash register.

YUM!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

Sally, Thanks for the reply. What is Chile de Arbol?
Interesting. I just assumed there was some type of cheese I guess because of the orangish color. For sure can taste the vinegar and the oil seperated from it a bit so I had to shake it up really good.

scubawife:

I have been buying the orange hot sauce from LaChoza for about 6 years. When I first was buying it, they bottled it in used plastic liquor bottles. My first one was in an old Seagrams 7 bottle. I love that sauce. Great on sandwiches, eggs......I guess anything..........

Coz Sally:

Chile de Arbol
Oil
Vinegar
Garlic

YUM!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

The only thing I will tell you is that there is mayo in it if you can believe it!!!............its a fact

Just have one thing to say about La Choza sauce...don't leave Cozumel without a bottle.

As far as Entree's go...La Choza is definatly not my top choice, but the sauce is beyond compare.

James Goddard:
Just have one thing to say about La Choza sauce...don't leave Cozumel without a bottle.

As far as Entree's go...La Choza is definatly not my top choice, but the sauce is beyond compare.

James, start ordering off the menu and it might move up the ladder..........lol
The Wahoo steaks are out of this world and they serve them with fresh grated garlic and drawn butter sauce. Not great for the waist, but does wonders for the taste buds.........mmmmmmmmm, now I am hungry.

Back
Top Bottom