La Digue, Seychelles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MetroCP

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Forum,

I had the good fortune to get certified in Cairns, Australia and dive the great barrier reef in the mid 2000s. Since then I've been able to dive on some great coral in other locations. My wife on the other hand, has not been so lucky. We've done some dives in places that either did not have coral, or the coral was, tragically, dead. (one of the most heartbreaking experiences we've had was diving on dead coral, but also important and educational.)

I really want her to see live, amazing coral. I've never seen anything as beautiful, so I want her to see it for herself. And she does to after hearing me go on about it for years.

We are taking a trip to La Digue, in the Seychelles in a few weeks. The trip isn't planned around diving, but I figure if we're there and there's good diving, we'll go.

I'm wondering if anybody on the forum can tell me if there are good dive sites near La Digue, that have nice healthy coral reef? We'd prefer it to be a day trip, so it would have to be close. And ideally not a difficult dive, as we haven't done a dive in a few years and would like something easy going. I don't expect it to compare to some of the top coral sites on the planet, but am hoping they still have a reef with color, and fish, and all kinds of wonderful stuff.

Thanks!

I did a bunch of dives from Praslin with whitetip divers last year (including near La Digue). If you are looking for good coral reef, forget it. it is pretty much bleached everywhere. However, to my surprise, there were plenty of fish.

Agree with jdevic - Seychelles is more about the fantastic underwater formations and boulders.

Red Sea has beautiful coral reef (but not much in terms of “interesting” fish life.

For fantastic beautiful coral reefs: Raja Ampat and Sipadan are the most amazing we’ve been diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom