LA Fitness - caveat emptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWG... too bad Coach Izzy is a bit far across the pond there... even so, it might be worth visiting him a couple of times a month and then using his "remote coaching" service.

If Coach Izzy wasn't "across the pond" I'd have gone to him in the first place. I need to get over and visit him.

Some follow-up on the initial story ... after multiple attempts to call the manager I finally just dropped by after work to speak to him in person (oddly, the person who'd been intercepting my calls kept referring to the manager as a "her"). I found out two things. First ... this is a new manager, and second that he was completely unaware that a female attendant had been working in the men's locker room for over two weeks. He seemed kind've shocked, actually, and told me that the problem would be resolved immediately. When I suggested that if she needed to be in there it should be done after hours, he said that's exactly what was going to happen.

As of yesterday they have a new guy doing the work.

On a different note, yesterday marks seven months since I started my workout regimen. I've lost only seven pounds in that time, and reduced my body fat by nearly 2.5%. But my reasons for getting into the program in the first place have proven almost counterproductive. My new drysuit was a bit tight, and I wanted it to fit better. Well, now it fits just fine in the waist ... but the shoulders and upper legs are tight ... I actually have less flexibility in the suit than I did when I started ... but I sure like how I look and feel better than I used to.

It's a question of trade-offs, I guess ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Awww! You guys remembered me! :D Gosh, I don't even remember when is the last time I posted here. Very flattered by both Bobs. How is your training coming along Grateful Diver Bob? Talk to you soon.

Welcome back Coach Izzy!!!

Howdy coach ... I'm still working hard at it. Gonna finish up my first year in a few weeks. Haven't lost as much weight as I'd like ... but that's primarily because all this weight lifting and exercising makes me hungry ... :D

... but I do like the way I look and feel way better than I did a year ago ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thank You very much Jenny! It's been fun keeping up on Facebook.

Hey Bob, congratulations! You have been really consistent and at this point exercise is an integral part of your day. It's great to know you feel and look better than last year, there are no better markers of progress than that. As to the eating? I would not sweat it (No Pun Intended :wink:) One step at a time my friend.

It's great to be back guys. Bob, we've got to catch up! Talk to you soon.

Izzy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom