La Paz or Belize/Caribbean in Aug/Sept - 60th bday celebration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

das86turbo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
New to the board. Recreational/advanced diver. 150+ dives. My buddy and I both turn 60 Aug/Sept. We're thining of celebrating with a "guys week" SCUBA trip. Early to mid Sept. I've heard great things about La Paz , MX that time of yr. Whale sharks, sea lions. I've not dove Belize that is intriguing too. But risk of hurricaines. Most my diving has been in the Caribbean. Another plus to check out La Paz. Looking for folks to share their experiences diving La Paz in that time frame. TIA

Hey there! I'm in Cabo. September is a great time to be here for water temp and clarity but unfortunately the whale shark season opens in October - you might want to wait a few weeks for that. Bear in mind we get hurricanes here in Cabo too, especially in September/October, but up in La Paz there does tend to be more shelter. I hope I'm not the bearer of annoying news!

Happy 60th and welcome to the club. I too am celebrating this year. Since the Whale Sharks come to La Paz Oct- Mar I am heading there at the end of October for snorkeling, and to do some "Dia de los Muertos" photography at night around town. I may do the local liveaboard ship there for 6 days as well, but I am keeping my expectations low. As for Belize, I was there in Jan 2015 on the Belize Aggressor. I was not impressed by the diving really. The side trip on an alligator filled river into the jungle was fun though. The Howler monkeys and ancient pyramids were also very cool.

At that time of year, I would not do either one.

Belize is a great vacation destination with diving. I don't think its a great dedicated dive destination.
I think La Paz and whale sharks is more a December/January time frame.

If you have not been there, what about the big island of Hawaii. And do the manta ray night dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom