Labor day 3 day trip on Truth - what to expect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taxgeek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All.
I'm considering doing the 3 day Labor Day trip on the Truth, with Truth Aquatics.

I've never been diving on this boat or with Truth Aquatics before - have only been diving with Reefseekers on their regular boats (Great Escape, Encore, Magician, Cee Ray), single and multi-day.

I'm just curious about what to expect in terms of diving procedurues. Does Truth send DMs? (Is that a dumb question?) Gate times? General atmosphere - more or less tightly run than Reefseekers? I really like Reefseekers, so I was just wondering what to expect with Truth Aquatics.

The trip is a half charter with another group, so I don't know if TA even "runs" the whole boat, or how the diving ends up being run.

Anybody willing to share? Or any info about the boat in general? Hot tub?????? :wink:
Thanks!
Taxgeek

You'll have a blast!

They're similar to all CA dive boats in that they won't be sending DMs out along with you to lead the dives, but there are DMs on board. How it's run depends on what group you're going out with. We went with a bunch of really experienced divers from Northern California, and it was a very relaxed atmosphere in terms of when you had to be in/out of the water - but at the same time, they were extremely careful with head counts and safety. Gate times were generous and clearly posted, they listened to feedback on dive site selection - we just had zero complaints. We've gone out once on the Vision and once on the Truth, and we're signed up for another November 3-day this year - I'd dive with them every weekend if I could afford it!

No hot tub, but plenty of hot water - and a drier for your towels/clothes! Ooh, and a camera table - my husband LOVES that; there are a few boats around here where there's no good place to stick your camera that people won't step on it. The Truth Aquatics boats are really well set up, with plenty of space for everything; even with a full load of divers, I was amazed at how roomy the Vision seemed.

Report back after your trip!!

Taxgeek:
Hi All.
I'm considering doing the 3 day Labor Day trip on the Truth, with Truth Aquatics.

I've never been diving on this boat or with Truth Aquatics before - have only been diving with Reefseekers on their regular boats (Great Escape, Encore, Magician, Cee Ray), single and multi-day.

I'm just curious about what to expect in terms of diving procedurues. Does Truth send DMs? (Is that a dumb question?) Gate times? General atmosphere - more or less tightly run than Reefseekers? I really like Reefseekers, so I was just wondering what to expect with Truth Aquatics.

The trip is a half charter with another group, so I don't know if TA even "runs" the whole boat, or how the diving ends up being run.

Anybody willing to share? Or any info about the boat in general? Hot tub?????? :wink:
Thanks!
Taxgeek

Thanks for the info, Anastasia. I'm 90% sure I'm going now, Yay!!

I have been on many charters with the Truth Aquatics fleet, and have enjoyed every one of them. I'm sure you'll have a great time on the Truth. I've heard that the Conception will be back in service this this fall. That's good news.

JustAddWater:
I have been on many charters with the Truth Aquatics fleet, and have enjoyed every one of them. I'm sure you'll have a great time on the Truth. I've heard that the Conception will be back in service this this fall. That's good news.

I hope so....we've got our annual 3-day trip with them scheduld for August 18th. They're telling us it's scheduled to be back in service on the 13th. That's cutting it a bit close for me, but i'm staying positive and hoping it works out.

I've gone the last 2 years, and had a blast both times. Compared to the other So Cal boats, it's spacious and comfy, food is great, and the dive sites are nice, too.

Go, you'll have a good time!

Back
Top Bottom