Labor Day weekend @ Pennyroyal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry we missed you guys. :depressed: Something came up last minute and we couldn't make it. I'm sure we missed a great time.

We'll see you at the next one....

Oh, I forgot to thank you for the OOA (OOG) drill that you gave me. :D Made me glad the I went to a 5' hose.

I hope that the education was worth the burger and beers. Now to get you to tuck those hands. :) No hands in deco class.
Next time remind me and I will shoot a bag for you with plenty of air left. :)

John, sorry that you couldn't make it. I think everyone had a good time.

I know I had a great time. Good to see everyone! Bob, you can use your regulator exhaust to inflate the bag. No air wasted.... Takes a little practice, but no big deal, & no chance of freezing your regulator open. The hardest part is hooking up the reel to the bag when you don't have a bolt snap on you. Do this BEFORE inflating the bag, or it will leave without you. That & having to maintain a deco stop while "OOA" & having to manually inflate your wing to hold you & a pair of doubles up & when the corrugated hose is too short to easily inflate orally. I learned a lot about my equipment (& the shortcomings it had) in that Adv. Nitrox class. Now when I do OOA & lights out in Cave I manually inflate my wing in the dark without even thinking bout it while following the guideline.

ya just do like Tammy said. :) We both know it isn't that simple. But he gets the idea. BTW, his buddy went OOG on him while demonstrating shooting a bag. What a dork diver.

We both knew that I was getting close. The plan was to drop, shoot and switch to Bob's secondary. I think we both got a good refresher/education last weekend with everything that we covered.
Now if I could get the hp100's settled in I would be fine. I just wasn't comfortable on our deep dive.
Remember Tammy..kick..glide..repeat. :D

With the way my regulator was sounding on that dive, I wasn't real warm & fuzzy (is there anything warm & fuzzy about 98ft in 42 degree water?:confused:) either. Having already survived a free flow, in almost that exact same spot we turned around at, last year, I wasn't taking any chances. One thing I did learn on that dive,... with my new drysuit, I can finally reach my valves, even in thick undergarments. So, Even if I do have another freeze- up, I can isolate the regulator, let it thaw & turn it back on.

By the way Wally,.... Why didn't you signal me I was going too fast for you? (old man) Doggone it, if I went much slower, I'd be the laughing stock :rofl3: of the tech divers at the shop. J/K. Truly, if I get too quick, just signal me, I'll slow down.

We both knew that I was getting close. The plan was to drop, shoot and switch to Bob's secondary. I think we both got a good refresher/education last weekend with everything that we covered.

I know that I did. I'll have to say that the first thought that went through my mind when he gave me the cut-throat (OOG) signal was "D@mn, he really is OOA/OOG. this isn't a drill". Although it added a since of, don't think: do what your supposed to do, there was not a since of emergency.

I can see why Larry says that a 5' primary is not over-kill for recreational diving. We were (at least I was) perfectly comfortable swimming in sharing air. There was no feeling of "lets get to the surface in a hurry". We stayed on the bottom (all of 20') until we got to the ledge and still followed the bottom until he stood up and walked out. Heck, that was my first dive in the drysuit. I'm glad that my buoyancy wasn't so bad that I drug him around by the mouth (don't think that I did). The only scary part was that I was the one that had the compass heading for our exit and I know how bad I am at following compass headings.:rofl3:

It did make me fall in love with diving the HP130.:wink:

... oh yea, another funny moment was diving and switching to my slung "deco cylinder", for practice, and thinking that I'm switching from my back gas of EAN36 to my "deco cylinder" which has EAN32 in it. Seemed a little bass-ackwards but it was only for practice. Again, in only 20 feet of water, not a big deal,

Tammy, I'm going to make a sign for when we dive together. It will say kick..glide..repeat. I think I did "ask" for you to slow down but it might have been when we turned around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom