Labor day weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh there will definitely be pics...Unless of course I flood my camera again!!

Land Locked:
It was a good trip, even though it rained the first day!

There was abundant underwater life and we could have gone deeper
down in the trench but it was pitch black down there. I really liked the
accomodations, hot showers were a plus. Appears though that the new
owners are undecided on the future of scuba in the quarry. I hope they
decide on keeping diving available. I agree with Wally, I would drive the
extra distance to go there again over BS.
$16 entry fee including an air fill, can't go wrong there!

Glad to hear that you had a good time over there :)

W.T.
We were really expecting you to show up Saturday! We had to wing it on our own, it was fun checking out a new place not knowing where the heck we were going or what we were going to happen upon! I was surprised to see the zebra mussels, I did not know they had made their way that far south of the great lakes!

I really don't think that the future of diving is at stake. I might be wrong but I think they make a lot of money off the divers vs fishing. From talking with the two guys running the air fill, NS pays the liability and that is it. The LDS runs the place for them.
Next time I think I am going to visit the hot tub. Even though they were sold out of camping spots, other than the cow pasture that we stayed in,:D the place didn't seem that full.

Jen, are you wealthy and don't need to work now or are you spending your last days of your life traveling and enjoying? :D

Sorry. Chris and Wally,

M.J. and I wanted to make the gathering last weekend, but we had to stick around at the office. Believe it or not, today isn't a holiday here.:huh: I don't know why......:confused: Let's dive together sometime soon!!!

M.J. said "Hello" to you guys....:D

Excuses, excuses.

I know, weather permitting, that we will pour our last section of concrete Friday. So with any luck I will have weekends off from here out. I asked today but it is still a secret.
I am planning on going to the GLWC M&G Sep. 23-24 at Gilboa so that will probably be my next dives. I scratched my itch at NS so I am good for another couple of weeks.

The only thing I can figure is W.T. is an educator not a laborer, so he does
not qualify for the Labor Day weekend! I hope to make the GLWC M&G also.

Land Locked:
The only thing I can figure is W.T. is an educator not a laborer, so he does not qualify for the Labor Day weekend! I hope to make the GLWC M&G also.

Hahaha... We are all laborer in some point.... :wink:

Wally, you are right... It is all excuse. If we were delegent in our work like you, we could make it, but we were still good at driving ourselves to the last moment :wink:

HEY!!!! Don't insult me by calling me a Laborer. Call me a termite, woodbutcher or a pine pounder but don't call me a Laborer. Those are the guys that go get me what I need.

If I got caught up on all my work (snicker) I would be in the house for the rest of the year.I just make time for what I want to do and what I need to do will be there when I get back. If not then I didn't need to do it.
I did get good news today..we aren't working Saturdays any more. So this means that I should be at Gilboa on the 23rd.

Also there is a chance that I might be at Joe's this weekend. The bad part is that I won't know for sure until Friday when I leave work. With my hopes high I have left the tanks and some of the camping gear in the truck.

Back
Top Bottom