Lacking i450T battery support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gassed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I contact Aqualung in June to see how I could get a battery kit for a new i450T computer.
I was told I need to buy through an authorized dealer. I did so the next day. I told the LDS that we had a trip in August so I wanted to order early to be sure I had a backup. I am now told the battery kit is on back order and they are not sure they will get one before our trip in 2 weeks!
I have not dealt much with this shop so I wanted to double check directly with Aqualung. I emailed customer support early Tuesday morning to verify the part was back ordered. I have not heard anything?
So I have two new computers with "user serviceable batteries" that I cannot buy. And I have not received any response from the manufacturer. So far, on a support level, I am far from impressed.

I have purchased batteries for an emergency but the seal is my main concern and of course, you can only buy a battery kit. #NS911149

It seems odd that a rather new, rather high end unit would be in short supply.

I am posting this as "user serviceable/replaceable battery" was on my check list for new computers. Had I seen a note like this I would have gone to another make.

I will update based on factory response and actual delivery time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom