Lady of the lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last time I dove Lake Winnipesaukee was Feb. 1972 the vis was better than 10' if I recall but I'd have to look at my log to be sure. The water was very hard.
Lake winnipesaukee_1972_2.jpg

NIce! the vis in winni varies, our first dive over near one of the islands on the wolfboro side had vis of 40 feet.. there are sections of the lake that the water has >5 foot visibility

I dove the Lady once, early 90s. Meh viz, thought the wreck was pretty meh too. Saw one whole fish.

Thought Newfound Lake was more fun. Better viz and there’s a fun spot where vehicles apparently go off the road from time to time so there’s things to play with.

I dove the Lady once, early 90s. Meh viz, thought the wreck was pretty meh too. Saw one whole fish.

Thought Newfound Lake was more fun. Better viz and there’s a fun spot where vehicles apparently go off the road from time to time so there’s things to play with.

Newfound is my favorite dive in NH. it's a beautiful lake. I am not familiar with the site you speak of, however on the north side of the lake right on the edge of a windy section of road is a spot only accessable by boat called ledges. deep dive 90 to 110 fsw. May be the same location you're talking about? Also I agree, the lady is kind of Meh...

Yes Ledges sounds like the right spot. We did it from a friends boat.

NIce! the vis in winni varies, our first dive over near one of the islands on the wolfboro side had vis of 40 feet.. there are sections of the lake that the water has >5 foot visibility

So @Jay Adams do you have the details, depth, temp, bot time, boat dive or shore access? Thx

So @Jay Adams do you have the details, depth, temp, bot time, boat dive or shore access? Thx
depth of the lady of the lake is avg 20 fsw, could almost snorkle the deck if the water was clear enough, temps were around 72 degrees, bottom time was around 40 minutes, (Doesn't take long to see the whole thing) overall the length of the wreck is around 90feet it's boat access only for this site. it's one of many wrecks in Winnipesaukee.

depth of the lady of the lake is avg 20 fsw, could almost snorkle the deck if the water was clear enough, temps were around 72 degrees, bottom time was around 40 minutes, (Doesn't take long to see the whole thing) overall the length of the wreck is around 90feet it's boat access only for this site. it's one of many wrecks in Winnipesaukee.

Thx @Jay Adams
One more if you don't mind. Is it kayak accessible or too far from the launch to paddle?

Unless my memory is failing me which it does sometimes, there is a train wreck in Winn also isn't there?

Back
Top Bottom