Lafayette Blue Springs Clean Up - August 19, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just an update for everyone.

The Lafayette Clean-Up will start at 12:00, August 19th. The NACD is helping to sponsor this event with the Cave Divers Forum and we will have a pavilion reserved for all of us.

The NACD will provide give aways for all who attend as well as some great raffle prizes. In addition food, snacks and drinks will be provided.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Click here on more info on Lafayette Blue Springs

I assume the clean up is for the first couple hundred feet of the cave system,not the land area since that is well kept by the state park?

The drought is effecting this place and conditions are deteriorating,but should stay around 20',and the flow that would remove disturbed silt by people removing garbage will not clear as quickly since it has diminshed.

karstdvr:
I assume the clean up is for the first couple hundred feet of the cave system,not the land area since that is well kept by the state park?

Kelly, the clean up is really going to target the entrance area of Blue (extending possibly to Yana). There is a lot to be done in the basin as well.

This is great thing what you are doing,and it will sure make the system look better. Conditions are holding steady,and you should have great viz for Lafayette Blue.
I think one of the prettiest sites is the twin resurgence/insurgences that are with in a couple hundred feet of each other,something you don't see anywhere else. Good luck and I know that park will appreciate all that you are doing there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom