Lake Como area in Spring Lake - dove ocean side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I thought I would head down to the shore and try a new spot. The drive down was uneventful I got to Lake Como in Spring Lake - ocean dive. There are supposed to be some rock formations off the shore.
I started getting dressed and felt like I was in a fishbowl being watched... I assume these folks were some vacation divers who have never seen a northeast diver... They stopped their car and never got out - just staring as I put together my gear. Then I went to the side door to zip my dry suit I was solo and I have a rig that zips my back zip up - and they pulled the car up a couple parking spots to watch me. I went back to the trunk to finish getting suited up and they backed the car up to continue gawking a few parking spots away... It was very odd they never got out never said Hi - nothing... I finished up and walked down the beach and they left...
And then the dive happened... I would have had more fun in a Portopotty - 1.5 foot viz down to 6 inches with a ripping current.... It made no sense to me - there were no waves and I was diving high tide... I thought the water had cleaned up from the weekend - I was so wrong... So I logged a 15 min 10 foot dive today... argh- I hope the viz clears soon... or I may be diving freshwater....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom