Lake Dunlap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arokdad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm checking the weekend forecast on weather.com and notice Lake Dunlap near New Braunfels. I've never heard anyone mention this lake before. A quick google search told me the Guadalupe runs through it and it has a 40 ft depth.
Anyone have other info?

Looks pretty, but narrow. I could see that being like LBJ with the boats just running in circles and churning everything up. Next time I'm out that way I'll stop and have a look from the boat ramp and see what it looks like.

Lake Dunlap is really just a deeper wider section of the Guadalupe River from New Braunfels. There is a dam that is between what is considered Dunlap and another further downstream in McQueeny that makes up Lake McQueeny, but they are just damed sections of the Guadalupe River. These "Lakes" are primarily boating/fishing/waterskiing lakes and other than recovery operations when we (San Marcos Area Recovery Team) shut down boat traffic there really isn't any diving done. The Comal River in New Braunfels is a popular dive spot as well as North Park on Canyon Lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom