Lake Jocassee Information needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrward83

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

I am planning on going to Lake Jocassee in the coming week. My dive buddy and I have never been there. Wondering what the conditions are (temp/vis) and what options we have for diving (boat, walk in, jumping off pier). Are there maps available of the lakes underwater layout so we can chart/plan our dive much ahead of time? Thanks for all of the help.

I don't know what the conditions are, but you might check Off The Wall Charters and see if Bill has updated the conditions recently.

There is a remote boat ramp designated for divers to do walk-ins. You can ask for directions at the park office. There is a $2.00 entrance fee per person. There are some guidelines run on the bottom to different things. The lake is down about 23 feet right now, so I'm not sure what things look like recently. There are no piers to dive from. Bill Routh runs Lake Jocassee Dive Shop (his number is on his website). This time of year, he works by appointment only. He does a charter over to an area called "The Wall." It's by the dam and is in what we call the quarry. It's where they blasted the mountain for rockfill for the dam. They are also doing some diving in a newer location nearer the dam where I hear the fish can be plentiful.

I hope you have a dry suit. :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom