Lake Martin Alabama Dive Locations: Please Share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krafcheck, It should be good near the mid to end of April. Lake will start gearing back up then, and I will have gotten my boat ready for this year as well. Chomping at the bit and ready to go. Lets all keep an eye on the weather, surface temp and thermocline reports, from those of us who have much thicker skin for colder diving than I have.

Aucade and I plan to dive the north side of old kowlidga(sp?) bridge on the 27th. fishing tournament from a week ago reported mid to upper 50's

I can be there as well. You have the old bridge span, the large excavator sunk under the new bridge span(I haven't dove it in 20 years), you also have the old pier span that is west of the point, it was also removed when the bridge was removed. I'll bring my 5mill. I assume you are diving from shore?

I happened upon that cabin cruiser once. It's straight out from 'chicken rock'(the lower jump at chimney rock) at about 40' if I remember correctly. May 25 yards or so from shore.

Hey Squiresmj, the boat is in about 50 ft of water and is about 50 yards straight out and little to the right of chichen rock. Its a large cabin style boat that sits upright with the bow pointed toward the rocks...you cant miss it!!

sorry lance i did not see your last post...i was guessing on depth and distance from shore...but it is pretty easy to find.

sorry lance i did not see your last post...i was guessing on depth and distance from shore...but it is pretty easy to find.

Thanks Cade I couldn't remember exactly since it kinda surprised me when I came upon it!

I know exactly how you feel !!! The first time I found it , I just ran into a wall and looked up to see that it was a large boat...kind of a wierd feeling.

Those whoa! moments make low viz diving so much fun! Lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom